Angela Krackhardt studied Medicine from 1989 to 1996 in Berlin and subsequently worked as clinician scientist at the Charité. She finished her MD thesis in 1998 in the field of tumor immunology. In 1999, she went for a postdoc to the Dana Farber Cancer Institute in Boston and became Instructor in Oncology in 2001. In 2002, she moved back to Berlin to continue her clinical training. In 2005, she moved to Munich to start her own junior research group “Adoptine T cell therapy” at the Institute of Molecular Immunology, Helmholtz Zentrum München. In 2010, she became appointed as W2 professor of Translational Immunotherapy at the TU München, where she is heading a research group. Since then, she also continued her clinical work at the IIIrd Medical Department, Hematology and Oncology, of the Klinikum rechts der Isar. She is a certified specialist of Internal Medicine, Hematology and Oncology and works as senior physician and attending. In addition she is the head of the apheresis center of the IIIrd Medical Department, Hematology and Oncology, of the Klinikum rechts der Isar.
The research group of Angela Krackhardt works in the field of tumor immunology. We have a specific focus on the recognition of tumor cells by T cells and T-cell receptors (TCR). In particular, we are working on the identification of target antigens, especially neoantigens most suitable for T-cell based immunotherapies, the genetic manipulation of T-effector cells by tumor-reactive T-cell receptors as well as the establishment of xenogenic mouse models and development of in vivo imaging of tumor-reactive T cells. Ultimately, we aim to translate and implement novel immunotherapeutic approaches including cellular therapies and novel imaging approaches into the clinic.
- 2019 Scientific Advisory Board Immune Image
- 2019 Faculty Board of the PhD Graduate Program, Faculty of Medicine TUM
- 2015 Faculty Board of the Graduate Program Translational Medicine, Faculty of Medicine TUM
- 2012 Scientific advisory council of the IZKF, Julius-Maximilians-Universität Würzburg
- 2008 BayImmuNet Research Project Group Award (Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wissenschaft, Forschung und Kunst)
- 2005 Life Science Foundation Research Award (HMGU, Munich, Germany)
- 1999 Postdoc-Stipendium der Deutschen Krebshilfe
1. Audehm S, Glaser M, Pecoraro M, Bräunlein E, Mall S, Klar R, Effenberger M, Albers J, Bianchi HO, Peper J, Yusufi N, Busch DH, Stevanovic S, Mann M, Antes I, Krackhardt AM: Key features relevant to select antigens and TCR from the MHC mismatched repertoire to treat cancer; Front Immunol 2019; 10: 1485; doi: 10.3389/fimmu.2019.01485
2. Albers J, Ammon T, Gosmann D, Audehm A, Thoene S, Winter C, Secci R, Wolf A, Stelzl A, Steiger K, Ruland J, Bassermann F, Kupatt C, Anton M, and Angela M Krackhardt: Gene editing enables T cell engineering to redirect antigen specificity for potent tumor rejection; Life Science Alliance 2019, doi: 10.26508/lsa.201900367.
3. Mayer KE, Mall S, Yusufi N, Gosmann D, Steiger K, Russelli L, Bianchi H, Audehm S, Wagner R, Bräunlein E, Stelzl A, Bassermann F, Weichert W, Weber W, Schwaiger M, D`Alessandria C, Krackhardt AM: T-cell functionality testing is highly relevant to developing novel immuno-tracers monitoring T cells in the context of immunotherapies and revealed CD7 as an attractive target; Theranostics 2018; 8: 6070-6087.
4. Krackhardt AM, Anliker B, Hildebrandt M, Bachmann M, Eichmüller SB, Nettelbeck DM, Renner M, Uharek L, Willimsky G, Schmitt M, Wels W, Schüssler-Lenz M: Clinical translation and regulatory aspects of CAR/TCR_based adoptive cellular therapies – the German Cancer Consortium Approach; Cancer Immunol Immunother 2018, 67:513-523.
5. Yusufi N, Mall S, Bianchi HO, Steiger K, Reder S, Klar R, Audehm S, Mustafa M, Nekolla S, Peschel C, Schwaiger M, Krackhardt AM, D`Alessandria C: In-depth characterization of a TCR-specific Tracer for sensitive detection of tumor-dericted transgenic T cells by Immuno-PET; Theranostics 2017; 7(9):2402-2416
6. Bassani-Sternberg M, Bräunlein E, Klar R, Engleitner T, Sinitcyn P, Audehm S, Straub M, Weber J, Slotta-Huspenina J, Specht K, Martignoni ME, Werner A, Hein R, H Busch D, Peschel C, Rad R, Cox J, Mann M, Krackhardt AM: Direct identification of clinically relevant neoepitopes presneted on native human melanoma tissue by mass spectrometry; Nat Commun 2016; 7:13404. doi: 10.1038/ncomms13404
7. Mall S, Yusufi N, Wagner R, Klar R, Bianchi H, Steiger K, Straub M, Audehm S, Laitinen I, Aichler M, Peschel C, Ziegler S, Mustafa M, Schwaiger M, D`Alessandria C, Krackhardt AM: Immuno-PET imaging of engineered human T cells in tumors; Cancer Research 2016; 76: 4113-23.
8. Klar R, Schober S, Rami M, Mall S, Merl J, Hauck SM, Ueffing M, Admon A, Slotta-Huspenina J, Stevanovic S, Oostendorp RAJ, Busch DH, Peschel C, Krackhardt AM: Therapeutic targeting of naturally presented myeloperoxidase derived peptide ligands in myeloid leukemia cells by TCR-transgenic T cells; Leukemia 2014, 28: 2355-2366.